Fund My Idea Limestone Coast voting has now ben completed. Stay tuned for the announcements of the grant funding recipients.
Do you have a great idea that could make a real difference to your community? The Government is providing up to $50,000 for community-based projects in the Limestone Coast region.
How it works
Anyone can submit an idea. We’re after projects of great benefit to the whole community. Projects that have strong economic or social outcomes are encouraged.
Your key milestones for Fund My Idea - Limestone Coast are:
- Monday 2 November – Submissions open
- Monday 14 December, 5pm – Submissions close
- Friday 18 December, 4pm – Voting opens
- Monday 11 January, 5pm – Voting closes
All accepted projects will be published on the YourSAy website at 4pm on Friday 18 December. A period of public voting will occur until 5pm on Monday 11 January.
People can only vote for each idea once, and will also be able to comment and provide feedback on your idea.
The three highest ranked projects, as voted by the community, will become eligible to receive funding as part of the Fund My Idea program. A government assessment panel will consider the top three and funding recipients will be announced afterwards.
What we’re looking for
We’re after projects that will help communities in the Limestone Coast region thrive. In particular, projects that support new or ongoing employment, preparation for employment and community wellbeing should be considered. We want to see projects that help build community resilience in the area.
No matching funds are strictly required, but proposals that include co-investment by individuals, groups or organisations (not including the State Government) are encouraged.
Some helpful tips for your submission are:
- Write up your idea in simple, plain English.
- Be sure to address the information requested as accurately as possible – highlight the benefits your idea will bring to the region and be clear about how you will make it happen).
- Get active – promote your idea on social media and get your family and friends to vote for it!
All projects eligible for Fund My Idea must be delivered in the specified geographic region and meet the eligibility criteria. In the Limestone Coast projects must be delivered within the Mount Gambier, Grant, Wattle Range, Naracoorte-Lucindale, Kingston and Robe council regions.