The comment period for the draft business and operational plan 2016-17 to 2018-19 has now closed.
Community consultation is an important aspect of natural resources management, and we thank all those who provided comments.
Further information will be provided on the Natural Resources Adelaide and Mt Lofty Ranges website as it becomes available.
The Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board is seeking comment on its amended business plan.
What is the business plan?
The business and operational plan (PDF 2MB) is a three-year plan from 2016-17 to 2018-19 that sets out:
- the income that the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges NRM Board receives through levies and other funding
- how the board will spend that money to achieve the targets in its strategic plan
- the conditions under which the board will issue a permit for a water affecting activity.
Why has the business plan been amended?
The NRM board has amended its business plan to raise additional income to meet a range of increased costs.
This includes the partial recovery of costs for water planning and management, and costs for administrative services that have been subsidised in the past.
As a result, the board proposes a number of ways to meet these budgetary pressures:
- use retained earnings in the 2015-16 and 2016-17 years (subject to Treasury approval) to minimise financial impacts
- reprioritise work programs
- introduce a modest annual increase in the regional NRM levy over the three-year life of the business plan.
The NRM board will maintain its commitment to hold the region’s NRM water levy at the same rate for three years until 2018-19. The water levy applies to surface or groundwater for commercial use such as irrigation.
How you can have your say
The amended business plan is open for comment via our open discussion forum. You can also make submissions by mail, email or survey until 15 January 2016.
A fact sheet containing further background information on the amended plan can be downloaded here (PDF 238KB).
Written submissions can be sent by mail or email to:
Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges
Natural Resources Management Board
205 Greenhill Road
EASTWOOD SA 5063
Or, you can submit comments via a short survey here.