Consultation on the North Atlantic Directions Paper is now finished. Thank you to everyone who provided their feedback and ideas that will contribute to the development of South Australia’s North Atlantic Engagement Strategy. The North Atlantic region takes in the United States, Canada and 28 countries of the European Union and includes some of South Australia’s oldest trading partners.
The feedback received will be collated by the Department of State Development and used to inform how South Australia can engage with the North Atlantic region to attract foreign direct investment, increase exports and increase research and development activity.
The South Australia-North Atlantic Engagement Strategy will be released later this year.
The Government wants to engage with the North Atlantic region to stimulate investment and increase exports, research and development.
What is being decided?
The State Government understands that in order to grow the economy and create jobs, it’s important to achieve a greater portion of direct foreign investment. To help achieve this, a North Atlantic Directions Paper (PDF, 1.7MB) has been developed and is the first step towards an engagement strategy. We want your input to help stimulate ideas and opinions which will contribute to South Australia’s North Atlantic Engagement Strategy - join the discussion.
The North Atlantic region takes in the United States, Canada and 28 countries of the European Union, and includes some of South Australia’s oldest trading partners. The Directions Paper highlights approaches on how South Australia could engage with this region to attract foreign direct investment, increase exports and increase research and development activity.
How can your input influence the decision?
You can help inform the engagement strategy with the North Atlantic region by responding to the questions that have been posed or providing feedback on the Directions Paper. The three priority objectives for engagement with the North Atlantic region are:
- Attracting foreign direct investment
- Increasing exports
- Increasing research and development activity
The Directions Paper aims to test approaches that will help to achieve these objectives and generate new ideas. In particular, there are a number of questions we want to know your views on:
- What are the critical elements to facilitating strategic engagement with the region, and what role should the South Australian Government and other sections of the community play?
- How should the State Government prioritise South Australia’s engagement with the region?
- Is the tiered approach suggested appropriate? Which countries in the region should we focus on, and in what order or priority?
The Department of State Development is holding four consultation workshops in Adelaide and regional South Australia. Please register for one of the following workshops:
Adelaide Workshops - Adelaide Pavilion
- North America Workshop - Wednesday 27 January 2016, 4.30pm - 6.30pm
- Europe Workshop - Thursday 28 January, 4.30pm - 6.30pm
Mt Gambier Workshop - City Hall
- North America and Europe Workshop - Monday 1 February, 4.30pm - 6.30pm
Clare Valley Workshop - Clare Country Club
- North America and Europe Workshop - Wednesday 3 February, 4.30pm - 6.30pm
How will your feedback be used?
Your views will be used to inform the North Atlantic Engagement Strategy which will be released in March 2016.
The final strategy will outline the Government of South Australia’s approach to engaging with the North Atlantic region on key investment opportunities, export growth and collaboration and partnership in research and development activities.