This consultation has now closed - stay tuned for further updates regarding Transforming Criminal Justice in SA.
We want your feedback on the latest discussion paper in the Transforming Criminal Justice series, 'Connecting the criminal justice system through information management' (PDF, 1.3MB).
What is being decided?
This paper looks at ways in which improved information sharing, through better business practice and use of technology, can deliver better criminal justice services to the South Australian community.
We are seeking to understand and improve how victims, witnesses and defendants interact with the criminal justice system. We want to understand the community’s vision of what an accessible and transparent criminal justice system might look like. In addition, we are seeking the means to create a criminal justice system that fosters community confidence through improved information management.
The intention of this Discussion Paper is to share information about work that is underway, and work that is planned with the community.
We are seeking general feedback from all people who participate within the criminal justice system.
Some specific issues for consideration are:
- Electronic Communication – does the community see the opportunity for online management of some criminal justice issues?
- Online Services – in what ways would the community like to interact with the criminal justice system? What services should be done electronically and/or online?
- What information would the community like to receive electronically or access online?
- Does more extensive use of Video Conferencing appeal to the community?
- What opportunities does the legal profession see for increasing productivity in the criminal justice system through the use of more contemporary practices?
How can your input influence the decision?
The discussion paper has been created for the purpose of consultation, with both experts and non-experts from the community.
You can provide your feedback by:
- joining the discussion
- sending in a submission via email@example.com or mailing Justice Sector Reform, Office of the Chief Executive, Attorney-General’s Department, GPO Box 464, Adelaide SA, 5000.
The consultation period will remain open until Saturday 30 April 2016.
How will your input be used?
All comments will be taken into consideration. Your input will help us to assess how justice services are delivered to the community, and how we can improve the accessibility and transparency of the criminal justice system through better business practice and use of technology.
For further information about the Transforming Criminal Justice reform program, visit www.agd.sa.gov.au/tcj