The Better Together Challenge is an initiative of the SA Government to support innovative engagement, and recognise best practice community collaboration.
South Australian Government Agencies can be involved in the 2017 Challenge, which provides a minimum of 3 engagement projects with a maximum of $5,000 per project to fund or contribute towards best practice engagement.
**DEADLINE EXTENDED** The submission deadline has been extended to Wednesday 5 July, 5.00 pm. Feel free to call Brett Manuel on 8429 5306 if you’ve got any questions about your submission.
What are the categories?
Applications for funding can be made for the following categories:
- Engaging hard-to-reach groups
What can the challenge funds be used for?
- Resources, facilities, hospitality or travel expenses for engagement participants.
- Technology, equipment or marketing to facilitate the engagement.
- Whilst funding cannot be used to cover salaries of existing state government employees, consideration will be given for contractors and or volunteer gifts or expenses reimbursement.
What can’t the challenge funds be used for?
- Funding for projects that support political or solely religious activities (with the exception of interfaith initiatives).
- Retrospective funding for engagements which have already started or have been completed.
- Funding to supplement the recurrent or ongoing costs of an agency.
- Funding for direct service delivery to individuals that creates an ongoing need for the service.
- Funding to cover salaries of existing state government employees.
Who is eligible to apply?
All South Australian Government agencies.
How to apply
Carefully read the funding guidelines (PDF 50KB) to determine whether your project meets the criteria for funding. If you are unsure, please contact one of the Better Together team (contact details can be found in the guidelines).
Download the application form (DOC 50KB) to respond to the assessment criteria, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 5 July 2017, 5.00pm.
It is not possible to fund all applications, therefore funding should not be anticipated or deemed automatic.