$70M to kick-start a revitalised Repat
27 February 2019
The State and Federal Government recently announced a $70 million funding agreement to revitalise the Repat Health Precinct, including:
- a new Statewide brain and spinal rehabilitation unit
- an 18 bed specialised facility to care for some of the most vulnerable South Australians suffering extreme behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD)
- an 8 bed Specialised Dementia Care Unit, in addition to the 18 bed unit
- a state-of-the-art gymnasium for brain and spinal patients and athletes
- a ‘town square’ in the heart of the Repat to create a community hub and outdoor space.
Further announcements on other initiatives on the site will be made in the coming months.
For more information, please visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/repat.