We are asking South Australian Aboriginal people, communities and organisations to help us improve the way the South Australian Government engages with the Aboriginal community.
What is being decided?
We are committed to enhancing relationships with the South Australian Aboriginal community through the South Australian Aboriginal Engagement Reform initiative.
This initiative will develop a model to facilitate and enable better engagement between the government and the Aboriginal community.
Dr Roger Thomas, Commissioner for Aboriginal Engagement is seeking input from the wider South Australian Aboriginal community on a new engagement model for South Australia.
The recommended model seeks to:
- improve government engagement with Aboriginal people
- ensure the views of Aboriginal people are represented in government decision making
- make recommendations regarding improved partnerships between government and the Aboriginal community of South Australia.
An overview of this engagement is also available as a PDF flyer.
How can your input influence the decision?
All Aboriginal people, communities and organisations are encouraged to get involved. Your input will help improve the relationship between the Aboriginal community and the South Australian Government.
How can you get involved?
Until 25 October 2019, Aboriginal South Australians will have a range of opportunities to participate in the conversation about the recommended engagement model by:
- completing the feedback form
- emailing a submission to email@example.com
- attending a consultation (contact the Office of the Commissioner for Aboriginal Engagement for details)
How will your input be used?
Once the Commissioner has obtained the views of the Aboriginal community, a report will be presented to the Premier for Cabinet in November 2019.
For more information:
Free call 1800 931 733
Fax (08) 8226 8999
Mail GPO Box 320 Adelaide SA 5001
Closing date: 5pm Friday 25 October 2019