The Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park - Winaityinaityi Pangkara (pronounced Wee-nay-chi-nay-chi pan-ker-a) Draft Management Plan is now available for public comment.
You are invited to submit your views and help shape the park’s future.
What is being decided?
The draft management plan has been developed to set directions for the management of the Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park - Winaityinaityi Pangkara (Kaurna language meaning 'Country belonging to all birds'). This plan, together with the Collective Plan will guide future decisions and management strategies.
The National Park Management Plan
The draft management plan (PDF 3MB) outlines the park boundaries and identifies strategies and objectives designed to ensure the park becomes a place where people and nature are thriving.
This plan is now available for comment.
The Collective Plan
Three years ago an extensive community consultation process began and people from a variety of cultural backgrounds and interest groups came together to form The Collective (PDF 3MB).
From this inclusive engagement process, the Collective Plan has emerged and this plan has guided the themes and objectives outlined in the national park’s draft management plan.
This plan is available but not open for comment.
You can provide your feedback on the draft management plan for the Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park - Winaityinaityi Pangkara by:
- using the online submission form
- joining the online discussion
- writing to Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary, DEWNR, PO BOX 147, Adelaide, 5000
Have your say before submissions close 5pm Monday 16 April 2018.
Some things to keep in mind when preparing your submission
Your voice will help us to shape the final management plan for the Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park - Winaityinaityi Pangkara.
Members of the community are encouraged to express their views on the draft plan by making a submission. Submissions may be made up to 20 March 2018.
To ensure that your submission is effective:
- Clearly indicate that your submission refers to the Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park - Winaityinaityi Pangkara Draft Management Plan.
- Make your submission concise and clear.
- Refer to the page, section number, paragraph and/or objective or strategy upon which you are commenting.
- Identify aspects of the draft plan that you support, or do not support. Explain your reasons for disagreeing with the content of the draft plan and suggest alternatives.
- If you are commenting on the accuracy of background information, provide references for your information sources.
- Each submission will be carefully reviewed and comments incorporated where appropriate.
How will your input be used?
Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park - Winaityinaityi Pangkara Management Plan, together with the draft plan, all public submissions and a detailed Analysis of Submissions, will be forwarded to the Parks and Wilderness Council for its consideration and advice.
The park management plan, along with the Council’s advice, will then be forwarded to the Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation for consideration and adoption.
Notice of the adoption of the final plan will be published in the Government Gazette and the final Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park - Winaityinaityi Pangkara Management Plan will be made available online at the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources website.
The Analysis of Submissions will be released along with the final plan. This document will detail the comments raised, the response to those comments and whether any changes were made to the plan as a result of those comments. Find out more about the criteria used to analyse submissions.
Please note that your submission will become part of the public record and will be available to anyone who requests a copy unless you specifically request otherwise.
Stay up to date
You can follow this engagement via:
Want more information?
You can contact:
Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary