Have your say to help shape an accessible and inclusive community for all South Australians with disability.
What is the survey all about?
We want to hear from people with disability about access and inclusion so that the South Australian Government can make better communities for everyone to live in.
We want to know about your experiences, including what is working and not working in your community. We also want to know about initiatives and models that could be used to make it easier for South Australians with disability to participate in community life.
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion, through the Disability Policy Unit, is responsible for leading the introduction of Disability Access and Inclusion Plans and the continuing implementation of the National Disability Strategy in South Australia. Essential to the success of these initiatives is the engagement of people living with disability in the design, development and implementation of programs, policies and services that improve participation.
We want to ensure that all South Australians have the opportunity to contribute to our community and enjoy full inclusion in social, economic, sporting and cultural life. We encourage you to have your say and provide feedback through this survey to help improve access and inclusion for people with disability.
Your feedback will go to:
- State Government agencies developing Disability Access and Inclusion Plans (DAIPs). Download the DCSI Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (PDF 1MB), or follow this link to the easy to read and audio version of the National Disability Strategy: https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/disability-and-carers/publications-articles/policy-research/national-disability-strategy-2010-2020.
- Local councils responsible for footpaths, shopping centres and disability parking spaces.
- Groups implementing the National Disability Strategy (2010 – 2020) (PDF 845KB) in South Australia. Follow this link for the plain text and easy to read for the Disability Access and Inclusion Plans: http://www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/disability-sa/disability-access-and-inclusion-plans/disability-access-and-inclusion-plans-2014-to-2018.
Your input helps Government make better decisions about matters that affect people with disability, including planning for better access and inclusion and removing existing barriers. Tell us your feedback by:
- Completing the survey.
- Joining the discussion.
- Coming along to a consultation event.
- Sending us feedback via Georgina.Edwards@sa.gov.au, phone 8207 0767, or post to Georgina Edwards, Disability Access and Inclusion Survey, PO Box 70, Rundle Mall, Adelaide, 5000.
How will your input be used?
A report of the findings of the survey and Disability Access and Inclusion Consultations will be made available to the Minister for Disabilities, the across-government DAIP Committee and members of the Disability Engagement Register.
The Disability Engagement Register is a confidential contact list of people who volunteer to provide independent advice on issues that are important to people with disability in South Australia and we encourage you to register!
Upcoming key dates
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 at 5:00 PM
Disability Access and Inclusion Survey - feedback closing
Thu, 15 Jun 2017 at 10:00 AM
Disability Access and Inclusion Consultation
Join the Disability Engagement Register
Thu, Jun 15 at 10:00 AM