We want your feedback on the Disability Access and Inclusion Plans (DAIP) for respective government agencies, including their proposed visions, actions and strategies to support people living with disability.
What’s being decided?
We are committed to increasing the accessibility and inclusion of our communities for people living with disability. We want to generate initiatives and build government agencies’ capacity to be accessible and inclusive in all that they do.
All South Australian Government agencies are currently developing their own DAIPs, with a focus on their specific service areas.
DAIPs will include measures to:
- Ensure that people living with disability can access mainstream supports and services provided by or on behalf of the government agency
- Show how the government agency will give effect to the State Plan
Support people with disability in the following areas:
- access to built environs, events and facilities
- access to information and communications
- address the specific needs of people with disability in programs and services
- Comply with published guidelines.
Some agencies already have DAIPs in place, and many have programs or policies in place to support our commitment. Feedback received through this process will ensure that DAIPs consider what is most important to the community, with a focus on the following priority groups:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Culturally and linguistically diverse people
It is essential that government agencies develop their DAIPs alongside their community so that the whole of South Australia takes ownership and responsibility for bringing them to life.
We invite you to review and provide feedback on each government agency’s proposed DAIPs by visiting their individual consultation webpages.
You can provide your feedback to all government agencies below or choose the ones that provide those services that are most relevant to you.
Please note DAIPs will be added to this list as they become available.
- Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia
- SA Housing Authority
- Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing
- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network
How can your input influence the decision?
Your feedback will be considered by government agencies as they finalise their individual DAIPs.
What are the next steps?
Final DAIPs will be published on each government agency website.
For general inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll redirect your query to the relevant agency.