We would like feedback on the draft South Australia's Oral Health Plan. Have your say on the future of oral health in South Australia.
What is being decided?
Research has shown that good oral health is integral to good general health. Unfortunately socially disadvantaged groups are more likely to experience poorer oral health.
The Draft - SA Oral Health Plan aims to improve the oral health of all South Australians, in particular those at risk of poor oral health.
We have identified 6 goals, and with each goal there are a number of action areas outlined in the plan, that we would like you to consider:
- Oral Health Promotion and Prevention: All South Australians have access to oral health promoting environments and to appropriate evidence-based information and programs that support them to make informed decisions about their health.
- Accessible Oral Health Services: All South Australians have access to appropriate oral health care in a clinically appropriate timeframe.
- System Alignment and Integration: South Australian social, health and education systems work together to support healthy mouths and healthy lives.
- Safety and Quality: Oral Health services in South Australia are provided in accordance with the Australian Safety and Quality Goals for Health Care.
- Workforce Development: The South Australian oral health workforce is an appropriate composition and size and is appropriately trained and distributed.
- Research and Evaluation: Appropriate and timely data is available at both the population and service level for planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Read the Draft - South Australia's Oral Health plan and tell us what you think about the action areas outlined in the plan.
- Join the online discussion
- Fill in the submission form and email to HEALTHSAOralHealthPlan@sa.gov.au
How can your input influence the decision?
South Australia's Oral Health Plan provides the strategic framework addressing the oral health needs of South Australians and your input will help shape the future of oral health in our state.
What are the next steps?
All feedback received will be reviewed and the plan finalised. The final South Australia's Oral Health Plan will be published on YourSAy and the SA Health website
For more information email HEALTHSAOralHealthPlan@sa.gov.au
Closing date: 5pm Friday 26 April 2019
Consultation on the first stage of developing South Australia's Oral Health Plan