This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 25 February to 3 April 2020. Below is a record of the engagement.
We want your help to ensure our draft regulations supporting the Education and Children’s Services Act 2019 are fit for purpose.
What is being decided?
The regulations will remove and replace the Education Regulations 2012, the Children’s Services (Appeals) Regulations 2008 and the Children’s Services (Registered Children’s Services) Regulations 2018.
The regulations will guide how government schools, preschools and children’s services in South Australia operate and set out conditions of employment for government teachers. A number of the regulations also deal with matters relevant to non-government schools and providers of approved learning programs.
Some important matters the regulations deal with include:
- Enrolment of students in government schools
- Government school terms and days
- School discipline and approved reasons for non-attendance at school
- Religious and cultural activities
- Student allowances and scholarships
- Dress codes
- Premises to which protections for teachers, other staff and students apply
- Employment of government teachers
- Fees, charges and other financial matters for government schools
The regulations overview tab shows further detail on the regulations and how they might impact you as a:
- Parent or caregiver of children in government schools
- Staff member of government schools, preschools and children's services centres
- Principal of a government school
- Non-government schools, preschools and providers or approved learning program
How can your input influence the decision?
Your input will help us refine the final regulations to ensure they are fit for purpose.
Anyone with an interest in, or impacted by the new legislation, is invited to comment on the draft regulations to support the Education and Children’s Services Act 2019.
We want your feedback on how the regulations work in practice and how affected parties should act to follow the legislation.
Read the regulations overview tab and information sheets and provide your feedback by:
- Joining the online discussion
- Emailing your submission to email@example.com
- Mailing your submission to:
Ms Joanna Blake
Manager, Legislation Reform
Strategic Policy and External Relations
Department for Education
GPO Box 1152
ADELAIDE SA 5001
Please advise if you would like your submission to remain confidential
What are the next steps?
Your feedback will inform the development of the final regulations. Once finalised, the regulations will be available on the South Australian Legislation website.
The regulations will come into operation on the day the Act comes into operation. The Act is intended to commence later this year.
For general enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org