The Independent Review into South Australia's 2019-20 Bushfire Season identified that the approach to bushfire management set out in the Fire and Emergency Services Act 2005 (SA) had not been fully implemented. This included the development of the Plan.
As a result of the Government's Response to the Independent Review, the State Bushfire Coordination Committee (SBCC) has prepared the Plan to guide the bushfire management activities of its members.
‘Bushfire management’ refers to the management of bushfire risk across the spectrum of:
The members of the State Bushfire Coordination Committee are representatives from the following agencies and organisations:
- SA Country Fire Service
- SA Metropolitan Fire Service
- Department for Environment and Water
- Landscape SA
- Native Vegetation Council
- SA Water
- Forestry SA
- Department for Infrastructure and Transport
- Attorney-General's Department - Planning and Land Use Services
- Primary Industries and Regions SA
- Local Government Association
- Outback Communities Authority
- SA Power Networks
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Country Fire Service Volunteers Association
- Conservation Council of South Australia
- Primary Producers South Australia
All landholders and community members have a part to play in managing their risk from bushfire.
The State Bushfire Coordination Committee (SBCC) members are keen to hear how their activities can better support individuals, businesses and communities.
If viewing this has raised any concerns for you, contact: