We are seeking your feedback on the Flagstaff Road Upgrade project.
What’s being decided?
We are in the planning and design stage of our Flagstaff Road Upgrade project and we are seeking your views to help inform the development of the preferred design concept.
For 800 metres of its overall length between Hyland Avenue and Bonneyview Road, the road consists of only three lanes. Flow on the centre lane is reversed daily to cope with peak-hour traffic in the mornings and evenings. This is a potential cause of confusion for motorists travelling during these periods and remains a safety concern.
An additional lane will be installed as a permanent two-way dual carriageway. This map highlights the scope of works and location of the Flagstaff Road Upgrade project.
Once complete, it is expected that the upgrade will:
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Reduce confusion
- Improve efficiency and safety for motorists travelling on Flagstaff Road
- Provide room to overtake slow-moving traffic
- Allow emergency vehicles to proceed without being held up by other traffic
Community and stakeholder engagement is an important part of the planning process and as planning progresses consultation with residents, land owners and business owners will occur to help inform and develop the preferred concept and design.
To have your say:
- Complete the Registration, Feedback and Suggestions form to receive updates on the project
- Join the online discussion
- Email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend one of our community information sessions
Please note that submissions will not be responded to between COB Tuesday 24 December 2019 and 9am Monday 6 January 2020.
How can your input influence the project?
All feedback and concerns will be considered as the project team continues through the design process to identify a preferred solution that balances the needs of the project’s various stakeholders.
What are the next steps?
Further consultation will occur throughout the planning and design phase, which will conclude in 2020.
For more information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 1300 794 880
- Visit the Department of Plannning and Infrastructure website
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 7 January 2020
Image By YellowMonkey - Photo by YellowMonkey, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10772496