This initiative forms part of the Country Cabinet program.
How it works
Anyone living within the Port Pirie, Wakefield, Clare and Gilbert Valleys, Mount Remarkable, Barunga West, The Copper Coast and Yorke Peninsula Council communities can submit an idea. We’re after projects of great benefit to the whole community. Projects that have strong economic or social outcomes are encouraged. Download the map here (PDF 447 KB).
The key dates for Fund My Idea – Port Pirie Yorke and Mid North are:
- Monday 20 March – Submissions open
- Monday 1 May – Submissions close 5pm
- Wednesday 10 May – Voting opens 5pm
- Monday 29 May – Voting closes 5pm
A total pool of up to $50,000 is available to fund projects as part of Fund My Idea – Port Pirie Yorke and Mid North. Between one and three projects may be funded.
All accepted projects will be published on the YourSAy website on Wednesday, 10 May. A period of public voting will occur until 5:00 pm on Monday, 29 May.
People can only vote for each idea once, and will also be able to comment and provide feedback on your idea.
The highest voted projects, as voted by the region's community, will become eligible to receive funding as part of the Fund My Idea program. A government assessment panel will consider the top voted ideas and funding recipients will be announced afterwards.
What we’re looking for
We’re after projects that will help communities in Port Pirie, Yorke and Mid North region thrive. In particular, projects that support new or ongoing employment, preparation for employment and community wellbeing should be considered. We want to see projects that help build community resilience in the area.
No matching funds are strictly required, but proposals that include co-investment by individuals, groups or organisations (not including the State Government) are encouraged.
Some helpful tips for your submission are:
- Download the Fund My Idea Applicant Checklist to assist with your application
- Write up your idea in simple, plain English.
- Be sure to address the information requested as accurately as possible – highlight the benefits your idea will bring to the region and be clear about how you will make it happen).
- Get active – promote your idea on social media and get your family and friends to vote for it!
Grants are subject to the guidelines of the Regional Development Fund.
All projects eligible for Fund My Idea must be delivered in and benefit the specified geographic region and meet the eligibility criteria. In this round, projects must be delivered within the Port Pirie, Yorke and Mid North communities. Download the map here (PDF 447 KB).
What to consider when voting
$50,000 can make a huge difference to a community. Please think carefully before voting on your favourite idea(s). Considering the following questions could help:
What benefit does the project bring to the community?
- Is the budget realistic?
- Is the project sustainable?
- Is once-off funding going to deliver the project?
- Does the project provide good value for money?
Commenting on ideas