What you said
This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 15 December 2020 to 29 January 2021. Find out more about the consultation process. Below is a record of the engagement.
We are introducing amendments to the Disability Inclusion Act 2018 (Act) to provide clarity for participants in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the sector about restrictive practices. The amendments intend to provide greater protection for NDIS participants subject to the use of restrictive practices and for registered NDIS providers who administer them.
The proposed amendments focus on:
- the reduction and elimination of restrictive practices
- supporting the use of appropriately measured and ethical practices including human-rights based, person-centred, evidence-informed proactive strategies.
- Draft Disability Inclusion (Restrictive Practices-NDIS) Amendment Bill 2020
- Proposed amendments
- Discussion Paper
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Questions to consider
- Easy Read Summary
Provide your feedback by:
- joining the online discussion
- emailing a submission to DHSSADisabilityReformIGR@sa.gov.au
- posting your comments to:
Department of Human Services Disability Access and Inclusion
RE: NDIS Restrictive Practices
PO BOX 292 ADELAIDE SA 5000