Kellidie Bay Conservation Park is located on the west coast of the Eyre Peninsula. It was established in 1954 to conserve wildlife and the natural and historic features of the land and protect coastal and near-coastal areas.

The Parks of the Coffin Bay Area Management Plan was adopted in 2004. These draft amendments currently proposed are in response to the South Australian Government’s commitment to creating new opportunities for families to retain shacks in the park by expanding the eligibility to maintain a lease in return for upgrading the shack to meet contemporary safety, amenity and environmental standards.