This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 3 August to 30 August 2020. Below is a record of the engagement.
Share your thoughts on the proposed amendments to the Forestry Regulations 2013 which aim to develop a sustainable future for the recreational use of state forest reserves
What’s being decided?
We want your feedback on proposed amendments to the Forestry Regulations 2013 under the Forestry Act 1950.
Key changes include:
- modest increases to regulated fees to horse riding;
- camping permit fees;
- the requirement for dogs to always be kept on a lead while in a forest reserve;
- tighter restrictions around the use of generators, chainsaws and metal detectors;
- an increase in expiation fees for offences committed under the Forestry Act 1950.
We are encouraging input from across the community including the horse riding community, recreational users and local community members.
To have your say:
- join the online discussion
- email your feedback to email@example.com
- post your written feedback to:
Forestry Regulations Amendments
Private Mailbag 2
South Australia 5201
How can your input influence the decision?
Your views are important in developing a sustainable future for the recreational use of state forest reserves within the Mount Lofty Ranges.
Your feedback will assist in updating the Forestry Regulations under the Forestry Act 1950.
What are the next steps?
A summary of the feedback received will be provided on this and the ForestrySA website at the end of the consultation period and following review.