This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 11 May to 9 June 2020. Below is a record of the engagement.
We want your feedback on Stage 1 of the proposed Linear Park (Semaphore Park to Grange) and the proposed Coast Park shared-use pathway within it.
What’s being decided?
We are proposing to establish a Linear Park between Semaphore Park and Grange which will aim to create distinct economic, environmental, health and social benefits to the surrounding community. The Linear Park is proposed to be established under the Linear Parks Act 2006. You can read more about the requirements of the Act in the Background tab.
The project focuses on the 4.8km section of proposed Linear Park or Parks between Semaphore Park to Grange, which you can see on the proposed Linear Park map in the Project visuals tab. As the area is divided by the Wara Wayingga-Tennyson Dunes Conservation Reserve, a two-stage approach has been adopted for further investigation and consultation.
- Stage One (‘North’) - The establishment of a Linear Park between Third Avenue, Semaphore Park to the edge of Wara Wayingga-Tennyson Dunes Conservation Reserve - Current consultation
- Stage Two (‘South’) - The establishment of a Linear Park or parks between the edge of Wara Wayingga-Tennyson Dunes Conservation Reserve to Terminus Street, Grange - this section will be released separately for consultation in the future.
The Linear Park within Stage One incorporates a Coast Park shared-use pathway, which seeks to provide a continuous 70km public cycling and walking link along the Adelaide metropolitan coastline to enhance public use and enjoyment of the coast.
The following resources are available for you to help you provide your feedback:
- Linear Park Public notice
- Project Visuals including:
To have your say:
- Fill out the Registration, Feedback and Suggestions form
- Join the online discussion
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us on 1300 794 880
- Post your written feedback to:
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
Linear Park (Semaphore Park to Grange - Stage One)
GPO Box 1533
ADELAIDE SA 5000
How can your input influence the decision?
Your feedback will be considered in the decision on the proposed Linear Park, including the design and alignment of the proposed Coast Park shared-use pathway within it.
What are the next steps?
A summary of the feedback received will be provided on this page and the project website after the consultation period ends, following a detailed review period.
Stage two of the consultation on the proposed Linear Park or Parks (Grange to Semaphore Park – Stage 2: ‘South’) will occur later in the year.
- Email the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 1300 794 880