We want your feedback on the revised draft Planning and Design Code for South Australia.
What’s being decided?
We are seeking your views on changes made to the revised draft Phase Three (Urban Areas) Planning and Design Code (Code), covering metropolitan and regional cities in South Australia, following feedback received during a five-month period consultation from October 2019 to February 2020.
The Code is the cornerstone of South Australia’s new planning system and will offer a single, consolidated set of planning rules for assessing development applications across the state.
An overview of the key changes and proposed improvements to the revised draft Code are outlined in the Summary of Post-Consultation Amendments.
Key areas of change in the Code include:
- more localised policy to reflect neighbourhood characteristics
- inclusion of existing Contributory Items as ‘Representative Buildings’
- raising the bar on residential infill standards
- simple approval pathway for new houses in greenfield and master-planned neighbourhoods
- establishment of strategic innovation zones to support new investment
- requirements for new trees, incentives for the retention of trees and more water sensitive urban design, such as rainwater tanks and permeable surfaces
- additional policy on flooding and related mapping.
You can now familiarise yourself with the new system, comment on the revised planning policies and experience how the new planning system will operate once fully implemented.
We have put together a video from the State Planning Commission about the Planning and Design Code Consultation.
To have your say:
- join the online discussion
- submit online feedback through the Code Feedback Tool
- take part in the online poll
- attend a community information session or join a consultation webinar
- call 1800 752 664
- send an email to DIT.PlanningReformSubmissions@sa.gov.au
You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your submission and you will be asked to complete a short survey on the consultation process. Your submission will be published on the PlanSA portal. Personal addresses, email and phone numbers are not published; however, company details are.
How can your input influence the decision?
All formal submissions will be considered by the Commission when determining any further improvements to the revised Planning and Design Code.
What are the next steps?
The Commission will consider the submissions and make a recommendation to the Minister to implement the State’s new planning system in metropolitan areas and large regional towns in the first quarter of 2021.
For enquiries please email us at email@example.com or call us on 1800 752 664 during business hours (8.00am to 6.00pm, weekdays).
Closing date: 5:00pm 18 December 2020
Upcoming key dates
Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 5:00 PM
CLOSING DATE: Revised Planning and Design Code Consultation
Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 7:00 AM
Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 1:00 PM