This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 22 May to 4 September 2020. Find out more about the consultation process. Below is a record of the engagement.
To help you understand the different areas included with POAs, we have created a number of factsheets to help, which also include a number of discussion questions to help guide the conversation.
Click on the below fact sheet to learn more about the different areas of POA, and feel free to give feedback to any of the discussion questions we have asked.
- Use of POAs in SA and Guiding Law - Background on POAs and how the POAs and guided by law
- Capacity - Understanding what legal capacity means and how it is assessed
- Role of the Attorney - Who should be appointed as an attorney and what their role is
- Remedies - Information about the abuse of POAs and how to remedy this
- Register - How the states register POAs
We have also put together a list of questions to assist your submissions.
If you would like to provide more input on any of the survey questions or the other issues SALRI is considering as part of this consultation, please make contact with us by email.
Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 12:00 AM