The Royal Commission has now released its Report. To join the current Nuclear community conversation click here.
Consultation on the Terms of Reference closed on 13 March 2015. You can view the email submissions received:
Consultation on the issues to be included in the Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission Terms of Reference was conducted in February and a total of 309 submissions were received.
The submissions noted the need for the Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission to consider:
- the effect on the economy;
- the effect on the environment;
- nuclear safety;
- renewable energy technology;
- the impact upon communities, including aboriginal communities;
- the effect on other sectors of the State’s economy, in particular the tourism, wine and food sectors; and
- technical issues.
This feedback was carefully considered and reflected in the prepared draft Terms of Reference.
Visit the Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission website to find out more.