This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 25 May to 15 June 2020. Below is a record of the engagement.
How accessible and inclusive is South Australia Police (SAPOL) for people living with disability? Share your thoughts with us.
What’s being decided?
SAPOL is preparing a new Disability Access and Inclusion Plan.
The new Disability Access and Inclusion Plan will guide SAPOL over the next four years to help improve the accessibility of our services and facilities for people with disability.
Whether you are:
- someone with lived experience of disability
- a family member of someone with disability
- a carer of someone with disability
- a service provider, supporter or an advocate for someone with disability
- or someone from the wider South Australian community with an interest in the topic
We would like to hear about your stories and lived experience.
We particularly want to hear your story if you are part of, or represent someone from, one of the below groups:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds and
- People under the age of 21
Below are some key areas that you might want to consider for sharing your story:
- Your experiences with SAPOL, positive or negative
- Barriers you have encountered accessing or receiving services from SAPOL
- Opportunities for improvement
Have your say by :
- completing the online survey
- emailing us at SAPOL.email@example.com
Arranging a time to meet with us by emailing us with a name and phone number and we'll make contact with you to arrange a suitable time
- We will adhere to social distancing to ensure your safety
You can give feedback yourself, or have someone give it on your behalf. You can also encourage your friends, family and people in your social media networks to have their say by sharing a link to this page.
Please note: We will treat contributions in strict confidence. However, confidential submissions may still be subject to Freedom of Information laws.
How can your input influence the decision?
Your input will inform the development of our new Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2020-2024.
What are the next steps?
Once the consultation is closed, we will develop our draft Disability Access and Inclusion Plan which will be available for feedback on this site.
For general enquiries, please email us at SAPOL.firstname.lastname@example.org.