Showcase 11: Share
Collaborating to create value
Tuesday 11 April 2017
8:45 am for a 9:30 am start to 11:30 am
Adelaide Convention Centre (Panorama Ballroom)
Click here to register
The collaborative, or ‘sharing’ economy’, is changing the way we live and work. Along with the uncertainty and disruption that comes from this new way of doing things, there are also great opportunities, both for people with great ideas and those who hold the assets that can be re-used in the marketplace.
Join leading experts to explore how the sharing economy is now only creating new forms of economic value, but is also helping us solve some of the biggest issues facing our communities.
This Better Together Showcase will explore topics such as:
- How collaboration creates value and fosters innovation.
- The collaborative advantage: creating valuable partnerships.
- The importance of trust in the sharing economy and how to build it.
- Sharing assets to create new opportunities and address social issues – in the public, private and not-for-profit spheres.
You will also hear about Share: South Australian Collaborative Economy Challenge, a new initiative from the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, and how you can take part in it.
You’ll hear a keynote address from Airbnb, the world’s biggest sharing economy business and a global pioneer, sharing their story of a startup with one room for rent to one of the biggest global businesses now operating in 65,000 cities and 191 countries across the world.
The event will also feature the following experts:
- Darren Sharp: sharing economy strategist, Director of Social Surplus Australian editor of Shareable and Melbourne coordinator of the Sharing Cities Network.
- Ashley Schultz and Bryce Eldredge: founders of The Rural Network, a sharing economy initiative linking small jobs that need to be done with people from their local communities with the capacity to do the task.
- Justin Passaportis: GoGet Carshare's General Manager for Victoria and South Australia.
- Ludwina Dautovic: founder of The Room Xchange, an online platform that connects households with guests who are willing to provide a couple of hours of help each day in exchange for food and accommodation.
The Better Together Showcase series features thought-provoking guest speakers, informative presenters and inspiring practitioners who have shaped and influenced public policy and practice throughout South Australia and the world.
Registrations for this free event are now open.