This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 22 May 2019 to 19 June 2019. Below is a record of this engagement.
How effective is the Training and Skills Development Act 2008 (SA) at supporting employers, apprentices, trainees and training organisations to start apprenticeships and traineeships?
What is being decided?
We are seeking your feedback and ideas on how the Training and Skills Development Act 2008 (SA) can be refreshed and updated to ensure it provides an effective framework for skills and workforce development in South Australia
The Training and Skills Development Act 2008 (T&SD Act):
- establishes the Training and Skills Commission (TaSC) and the Training Advocate, both of which play important roles in relation to skills and workforce development in South Australia; and,
- sets the regulatory framework for apprenticeships and traineeships.
The nature of work and the skill requirements of the workforce in South Australia have changed since it was enacted more than 10 years ago, and it now requires an update to better support the growth of future industries, automation and digitisation.
The review of the T&SD Act is part of the South Australian Government’s reforms to the training system under Skilling South Australia to ensure businesses and industries at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge technologies have access to a skilled workforce.
- Joining the online discussion
- Emailing a written submission to DIS.TSDAct.Review@sa.gov.au
- Completing any of the questionnaires that relate to the issues that interest you
- Attending a focus group session
- Joining the online webinar
How can your input influence the decision?
Your views will help us understand how the T&SD Act could be improved to provide an effective framework for skills and workforce development in South Australia.
What are the next steps?
A Consultation Outcomes Report will be prepared and released in the coming months.
Your feedback will help identify potential changes to the T&SD Act and inform the recommendations provided to the Minister for Innovation and Skills about the form and content of the new legislation.
An Exposure Draft of the resulting Bill is scheduled to be released for consultation during August.
For more information:
- email DIS.TSDAct.Review@sa.gov.au
- phone: Ben Rice, Senior Policy Officer, Department of Innovation and Skills, on 08 8429 2927
Closing Date: 5pm Wednesday 19th June 2019