What would a stronger Adult Community Education (ACE) Program look like? We want to hear from the community and stakeholders who have suggestions for strengthening the ACE Program in South Australia.
What is being decided?
The Department of State Development, with Community Centres SA is strengthening the Adult Community Education (ACE) Program for 2018/19 and beyond through a comprehensive engagement process with stakeholders, past and current ACE providers and participants, as well as local communities.
Download the Strengthening Adult Community Education Fact Sheet (PDF 560KB).
In 2016, engagement with the ACE sector identified five key themes for strengthening the ACE program. We want to build on these key themes, which are:
- Funding certainty and arrangements.
- Difficulties linking to other programs and services – how can we improve links for ACE participants with volunteering, further learning, training and work opportunities?
- Communications and marketing of ACE to attract partners and participants.
- Program management including reporting, data and evaluation – how can this process be streamlined for ACE training providers?
- Sector capacity and development to deliver on program outcomes – what do ACE providers need to improve program outcomes? What do participants need to improve their experience?
The engagement process in 2017 will include:
- Preliminary engagement with a broad range of stakeholders, communities and ACE participants - May 2017.
- Co-design of a Strengthened ACE Program Statement and Guidelines in partnership with Community Centres SA and the Department of State Development, incorporating the ideas and feedback received - June 2017.
- Consultation on the draft ACE Statement and Guidelines for 2018/19 and beyond with stakeholders, participants and local communities - July 2017.
- Launch of the 2018/19 Strengthened ACE Program Statement and Guidelines - late 2017.
How can your input influence the decision?
The Department of State Development is strengthening the Adult Community Education (ACE) Program by seeking community and stakeholder input to identify strategies for improving the well-established ACE Program, particularly in relation to:
- program outcomes
- measures of success
- transitions and pathways for participants
- accessibility for participants
- provider capacity and capability building
- what is currently working well
- what could be improved
- new opportunities.
Stakeholder and community engagement will help shape the updated ACE Program Statement and Guidelines for 2018/19 and beyond.
You can provide your ideas, suggestions and feedback by:
- Completing the survey.
- Participating in the online discussion forum.
- Emailing DSD.ACEinfo@sa.gov.au.
- Calling the Skills and Employment Infoline on 1800 506 266.
Tuesday, 23 May
9am - 1pm
|Morphettville Racecourse||ACE providers workshop 1||REGISTER HERE||Stakeholders only need to attend one session|
Thursday 25 May
|Morphettville Racecourse||ACE providers workshop 2||REGISTER HERE||Stakeholders only need to attend one session|
Thursday, 25 May
|Morphettville Racecourse||New or emerging ACE providers||REGISTER HERE|
How will your input be used?
A report summarising community and stakeholder input to strengthen the Adult Community Education (ACE) Program will be published in July 2017.
Community feedback provided as part of this initial phase of engagement will inform the Draft ACE Statement for 2018/19 and beyond. The draft ACE Statement and updated Guidelines will be co-designed as a partnership between Community Centres SA and the Department of State Development.
Following this process, the draft ACE Statement and Guidelines will be released for consultation with the community and stakeholders in July 2017.
To be kept informed, please join our mailing list so we can provide you with updates on Strengthening the ACE Program as the project progresses throughout 2017.
Want to know more?
- Department of State Development: facebook.com/StateDevSA
- Community Centres SA: facebook.com/communitycentressa
- Department of State Development: twitter.com/statedevsa
- Community Centres SA: twitter.com/CommCentresSA
- Department of State Development: linkedin.com/company/statedevsa
- Community Centres SA: linkedin.com/company/community-centres-sa
- DSD ACE: skills.sa.gov.au/training-learning/adult-community-education
- Community Centres SA: communitycentressa.asn.au/capacitybuilding/adult-community-education
Phone: Skills and Employment Infoline - 1800 506 266
Upcoming key dates
Thu, 25 May 2017 at 9:00 AM
ACE Providers Workshop 2
Thu, 25 May 2017 at 1:30 PM
New ACE Providers Workshop
Wed, 7 Jun 2017 at 5:00 PM
Strengthening Adult Community Education - comments closing
Follow Community Centres SA Online
Tue, May 23 at 9:00 AM
Thu, May 25 at 9:00 AM
Thu, May 25 at 1:30 PM