This consultation has now closed, thanks for your interest.
Have your say on a review of the taxi and chauffeur industry in South Australia.
Taxis and chauffeur vehicles are an important part of our public transport network, and are often the first experience of Adelaide for visitors and tourists. It is necessary for the industry to grow and thrive into the future, however the industry is under pressure. The ability to provide improved services and an enhanced customer experience to these journeys is one of many outcomes intended in this review.
While many drivers and vehicles involved in the industry do a great job, there is concern that service standards must increase and improve.
Changes in technology and consumer demands are presenting an opportunity to review the taxi and chauffeur vehicle industry that will lead to lasting improvements.
The South Australian Government believes the system should deliver the highest standards of customer service, provide stringent safety requirements, foster innovation and allow fair competition, and secure the future viability of the industry, while at the same time preserve a level playing-field for those operating, or wishing to operate, within the industry.
What's happening and when
A Review Panel will meet with industry representatives, participants and stakeholders, and produce a discussion paper. The paper will be released for public comment and discussion for one month. Feedback from this will inform a final report and recommendations to the Government. It is anticipated the review will be completed within six months.
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference for the Taxi and Chauffeur Industry Review are:
- Service standards and opportunities for improvement
- Safety and security for passengers and drivers
- Driver remuneration and working conditions
- Fares and surcharges
- Training and accreditation requirements
- Vehicle standards and requirements
- Centralised booking services
- Synergies with other forms of public transport
- Innovation, new technologies and competition
- Taxi and chauffeured vehicle roles in the tourism visitor experience
- Regional Services
- Adequacy and cost of accessible taxis
How to have your say
You can have your say in the following ways:
- Join the online discussion on YourSAy
- Take the survey via the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
You can contact the department via:
- Phone: 7109 7212
- Email: DPTI.TaxiHireCarReview@sa.gov.au