This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 10 June to 3 July 2020. Find out more about the consultation process. Below is a record of this engagement.
What has happened so far?
In 2019 a discussion paper was released for consultation to establish the Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health (CEIH). This paper included some high level statements about outcomes and proposed a vision and structure, but was not intended to be a detailed strategy.
The CEIH was formed in July 2019. Our first year of operation was guided by an interim strategy which centred mostly on fully establishing the organisation, early partnerships and the first State-wide Clinical Networks.
In April 2020 ten virtual workshops were held with the CEIH staff, followed by two virtual workshops with the Clinical Advisory Council, which is made up of experts from a variety of backgrounds.
The draft CEIH Strategy 2020-2023 was prepared in response to the input received throughout our first round of consultation with key stakeholders. The intention of the plan is to be clear, aspirational, aligned with the Department for Health and Wellbeing Strategic Direction, and to set the CEIH up to add maximum value to the health sector.
Your feedback is important in making that happen.
What do we want to achieve?
The Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health (CEIH) was established to provide leadership and advice on clinical best practice with a focus on:
- Maximising health outcomes for patients
- Improving care and safety
- Monitoring clinical outcomes
- Championing evidence-based practice and clinical innovation
- Supporting clinical collaboration.
- Brings together expertise from clinicians, consumers, health partners and other relevant stakeholders to maximise health outcomes for patients
- Supports the provision of safer, more innovative and efficient healthcare through empowering clinicians and consumers
- Aims to be recognised as a centre for excellence, a strong partner for clinical improvement
- and innovation and will have recognised expertise which can influence design