Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade – consultation outcome
23 January 2020
As part of the project’s early concept design and review process, DPTI held two information sessions in October 2019, to meet members of the community and seek feedback. In addition to these sessions, the community were also invited to provide feedback via this website and via the projects online feedback form. This consultation concluded in late November 2019.
All feedback received from the community was reviewed and considered by the project team and as a result the concept design has been updated to include:
- Left turn slip lane from Springbank Road onto Oxford Circus;
- Left turn slip lane from Daws Road onto Springbank Secondary College car park;
- Left turn slip lanes on Goodwood Road and Daws Road updated to remove control and improve efficiency;
- Upgrade of the existing ‘Koala’ crossing on Daws Road to a pedestrian actuated (push button) crossing (PAC);
- Define the border of Oxford Circus Reserve and the new road reserve on Springbank Road to retain heritage value of Colonel Light Gardens; and
- U-turn facility on Daws Road to assist with accessing the Springbank Secondary College.
Receiving feedback from the community is important and will continue to help inform the development of the design. As the design progresses, further consideration will be given to any areas of land that remains surplus alongside the new alignment. These areas may be used as green spaces, allowing opportunity for additional vegetation to be planted in the area. The community will have further opportunity to work with the project team to investigate opportunities for these identified areas.
Early works are expected to commence in March, and major construction expected to commence late 2020.
Project completion is expected by the end of 2021, weather permitting.
If you wish to find out more about the project or register for future updates, you can contact the project team using the following details: