What are the issues that affect health outcomes for people living with disability and their experience when engaging with the health system?
Share your thoughts with us.
What’s being decided?
We are reviewing the health outcomes for people with disabilities and their experience when interacting with the health sector.
We want to understand:
- The issues that people with disabilities experience,
- How they might impact on their overall health and wellbeing and,
- What would matter most if the health system were to change.
You can learn more about the review in the Background section of this page.
Whether you are:
- Someone with lived experience of disability and engaging with the health system,
- A family member of someone with a disability,
- A carer of someone with a disability,
- A healthcare or disability services worker,
- Someone with an interest in this topic.
We would like to hear about your stories and lived experience. They will help us improve our health and disability system.
We have prepared some prompting questions that you may want to consider before sharing your story.
How can your input influence the decision?
Your input will help us understand the key areas that need to be explored to improve the health and disability systems and the outcomes for the community with lived experience of disability.
You can find out more about the work we are doing, share your stories with us, and have your say by:
- Completing the online submission form
- Coming to one of our events:
- Emailing us at Health.HPCengagement@sa.gov.au
If you are not able to come to our sessions and would prefer to talk to us, we will organise a time for a telephone interview with you. Send us an email at Health.HPCengagement@sa.gov.au or call (08) 8226 3188 for more information.
Encourage your friends, family and people in your social media networks to have their say by sharing a link to this page.
Please note: We will treat contributions in strict confidence. However, confidential submissions may still be subject to Freedom of Information laws.
What are the next steps?
Findings from this consultation, as well as proposed actions, will be reported to the Minister for Health and Wellbeing and published.
A summary of the feedback received at each of our listening sessions and through the website will be available in late June 2020.
For general inquiries, email us at HealthHealthPerformanceCouncil@sa.gov.au or call us on (08) 8226 3188 during business hours (9am to 5pm, weekdays).
Closing date: 5 pm Friday 3 April 2020
Upcoming key dates
Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 5:00 PM