Provide your feedback on the prevention and responses to relationship, family and sexual violence in South Australia.
What is being decided?
The State Government is committed to keeping young people safe. To help us do this, we are developing a Youth Safety Strategy in partnership with young people and key stakeholders.
The Draft Youth Safety Strategy outlines the strategic policy direction developed from the feedback we have heard to date. We will use feedback from the YourSAy engagement to further inform the final strategy. Once we have finalised the strategy, we will develop an action plan for implementation.
The Draft Youth Safety Strategy provides recommendations for action under three key priority areas to better prevent and respond to relationship, family and sexual violence as it affects young people.
The recommendations are the product of three workshops with government and non-government services and were further informed by the contributions of young people through a series of engagement sessions.
The development of the Draft Youth Safety Strategy has been overseen by the Office for Women, Housing SA, SA Health, Uniting Communities and MYSA.
The objectives of the Strategy are to:
- Prevent relationship, family and sexual violence
- Raise awareness of the disproportionate vulnerability of young people to relationship, family and sexual violence (both as people experiencing and engaging in violence)
- Improve service and system responses to young people experiencing and engaging in relationship, family and sexual violence (where this is not a statutory child protection matter)
How can your input influence the decision?
You are invited to comment on the Draft Youth Safety Strategy. This includes non-government service providers including youth services, specialist homelessness services, domestic and Aboriginal family violence services, the general public and young people.
We ask that you consider the following questions:
- Is there anything missing from the Strategy that you believe is important?
- What should our priorities be for implementation of the strategy?
- What will be important for achieving these priorities?
Your feedback will be taken into consideration by the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion in finalising the Youth Safety Strategy and informing the implementation of recommendations.
You can provide your feedback by:
- joining the online discussion
- sending your feedback to OfficeforYouth@sa.gov.au
- providing written feedback via post to:
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
Communities Services Division
Youth Safety Strategy
GPO Box 292
ADELAIDE SA 5001
Regular updates will be available on YourSAy and via the Office for Youth website.