What do you think about waste and recycling in SA?
Help us develop the next waste strategy to build on South Australia’s achievements in recycling, resource recovery and the circular economy.
To guide the discussion, we invite your feedback in response to the following questions.
- What are the most important issues to you in relation to waste and recycling?
- Can you offer any ideas for how waste and recycling services could be improved in South Australia?
In the Draft Strategy you can find specific questions relating to:
- Community and householders
- Government, business and industry
- Local government
You may wish to consider issues such as:
- bin infrastructure, including food caddies;
- frequency of collections;
- hard waste collections;
- education to support behaviour change in councils;
- contracting requirements or specifications for waste management and recycling services;
- support in data collection and transparency in disclosing information;
- support for Infrastructure (including soft infrastructure) and for educating households;
- consistency across local government areas;
- encouraging local processing;
- end markets for materials collected;
- costs and environmental benefits and whether these are taken into account when awarding contracts.
Thanks for your input.