Join the discussion
Join the discussion to provide your views about what is required next to further safeguard the rights of older South Australians and to better respond to elder abuse.
Get involved in the conversation by:
- joining the online discussion below
- making a submission online
- attending a Gallery Walk consultation
- submitting your feedback to email@example.com
We're looking for feedback on the following questions:
- Are there other mechanisms for raising awareness about elder abuse that could be undertaken, or groups that you think should be targeted for awareness-raising campaigns?
- Do you believe that a referral pathway for mediation services is adequate to safeguard the rights and freedoms of older people who may be experiencing elder abuse? Are there other services that should also be included for referral?
- What could be done to strengthen existing legislation to safeguard the rights of older people and respond to elder abuse?
- What might adult safeguarding laws seek to address, if the government was to proceed with this approach?
- Are there specific cultural requirements that should be considered in response to abuse of vulnerable adults from Aboriginal or culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds?