What do you think our state's health priorities for the next five years, should be?
The Health and Wellbeing Strategy will provide a guide for positioning South Australia’s health system towards achieving the future we want for South Australians. Below is our vision and how we propose to acheive it.
VISION: South Australians experience the best health in Australia
To achieve this we will:
- Improve the health literacy of the population
- Prevent chronic disease, communicable disease and injury, and exacerbation of established chronic disease
- Partner with individuals, families and communities to enhance their health and wellbeing
- Support individuals and their families through recovery
- Create healthier neighbourhoods and communities
- Respond when needed to manage acute conditions and injuries
- Assist individuals and families to adapt to changes in their health and wellbeing overtime, including at end of life
- Protect against public and environmental health risks and adapt to climate change
- Ensure services are culturally appropriate.
Read the South Australian Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2019 - 2024 summary framework for consultation and consider the deliverable action areas in each goal.
Join the conversation below and help shape the new Health and Wellbeing Strategy.