Who will benefit from this project?
Spread the word
Grandparents For Grandchildren SA Inc
What does this organisation do?
Staff at Grandparents For Grandchildren:
• Listen to grandparents and their concerns regarding their grandchildren and help them to discover solutions to those issues.
• Provide assistance with referral services for grandparents e.g. psychologists, psychiatrists and lawyers. Attend family care meetings and attend Youth and Family Courts to provide support to grandparents.
• Collaborate with government agencies and other service providers who can assist and support grandparents
• Help grandparents connect with government agencies to assist with their grandchildren's educational issues
• Negotiate assistance and support for grandparents and their grandchildren who have medical, housing, financial and other issues.
• Assist grandparents through the pathways of bureaucratic and culture impediments
• Have set up a program with the FoodBank to enable grandparents to purchase food items at affordable discount prices.
People affected by domestic or family violence or abuse
We all expect to be treated with respect and fairness by our partners and in our families. Yet domestic violence is the leading contributor to death, disability and ill-health in Australian women aged 15-44. Children exposed to domestic or family violence are at increased risk of mental health, behavioural and learning difficulties.
Communities experiencing locational disadvantage
Where people live affects their access to social and economic opportunities and therefore their relative advantage or disadvantage. Some South Australian communities have entrenched disadvantage.