Who will benefit from this project?
Spread the word
Churches Of Christ In SA & NT Community Care Inc. (Trading as CareWorks)
What does this organisation do?
CareWorks mission is:
“… to provide practical assistance and to offer hope and opportunities to all people, to grow towards well-being, wholeness and community.”
Its vision statement reads "CareWorks has a vision for a fairer and more compassionate society".
The organisation responds flexibly and creatively to a range of social issues including:
* Emergency Relief (food and financial)
* Financial Counselling directed to people experiencing (or at risk of experiencing) financial crisis,
* Financial Counselling directed to people fleeing domestic violence situations,
* Accommodation for patients and their carers travelling from rural and remote areas for medical treatment in Adelaide,
* Sponsorship of a Classroom Co-ordinator in a ‘Wellbeing Classroom’ at one of the State’s most disadvantaged schools,
* Support of Domestic Violence shelters by way of gifts and food hampers at Christmas time,
* Community food programs and drop in centres (in partnership with local Church communities).
People who are experiencing discrimination or disadvantage due to personal circumstances
We all expect to be treated with respect and afforded the same opportunity. Yet some people experience disadvantage as a result of discrimination.
People Experiencing Social Isolation
It is important for our wellbeing to have strong and meaningful social connections with our community. Members of our community that do not have these connections can be socially isolated. Social isolation can result in poor mental and physical health.