Simplify is the government’s red tape reduction initiative. Its purpose is to engage the community and the public sector workforce on how we can make government more efficient.
You shared your ideas via an online forum, emails or written submissions via Service SA centres and also voted on the top ideas through the website.
Of the 700 ideas submitted, the main themes were:
- reducing red tape around the internal workings of government;
- government’s interaction with the community; and
- improving efficiencies for business.
All the ideas were considered and prioritised by an Assessment Group that included:
- public sector employees;
- members of the Community Engagement Board; and
- the Red Tape Reduction Steering Committee for small business (DMITRE).