Social impact bonds – useful links and resources
UK Government SIB Toolkit and Knowledge Box
- Broad coverage of various stages of SIB development and case studies and reports on implemented SIBs to date.
Pay for Success Learning Hub, Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Comprehensive resource centre, including a focused source of guidelines for advanced due diligence in service providers and intermediaries.
AP Social Finance
- A repository of many social finance, SIB and other publications.
Social impact bonds for Service Providers - MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
- 2013 Canadian publication providing a comprehensive step by step approach to how a service provider can develop a social impact bond structure.
A new tool for scaling impact: how social impact bonds can mobilize private capital to advance social good - Social Finance US & Rockefeller Foundation
- Assessment of the pros and cons of social impact bonds with a focus on the US experience.
Social Impact bonds: Planting for future growth - KPMG
- 2013 overview document of the SIB structure, history and high level feasibility guidelines.
Introduction to Social Impact Bonds - Social Finance UK
- Concise introductory overview of social impact bonds and a useful first resource for those interested in the structure. Published 2014.
A technical Guide to Developing Social Impact bonds - Social Finance UK
- A 2013 publication directed at the broader community that provides a general step by step approach to developing the key components of a social impact bond structure.
A technical guide to Commissioning Social Impact Bonds - Social Finance UK
- A 2011 publication directed towards commissioning bodies providing guidance on how to procure appropriate service delivery organisations and how to develop a social impact bond.
Social Impact Bonds, a guide for State and Local Government – Harvard Kennedy SIB Technical Assistance Lab
- A frank and insightful overview of social impact bonds directed at States and Local Government, though it has application to those seriously considering SIBs. Published 2013.
SIB Outcome Tool
- An interactive tool that helps to illustrate the business case of social impact bonds concerning specific social issues. Based on UK data, and requires detailed inputs on costs and benefits - but a useful snapshot business case.
Social Benefit Bonds Trial in NSW - Treasury NSW
- A series of FAQs addressing social impact bond structure from an Australian context. NB: further links on this page no longer link to Social Finance.
Evaluation of the Joint Development Phase of the NSW Social Benefit Bond Trial - KPMG
- 2014 evaluation of the planning and implementation of the two social impact bonds in NSW.
The One* Service. One year on - Social Finance UK
- A detailed report on the first year of service of the Peterborough Social Impact Bond.
Phase 2 report from payment by results Social Impact Bond pilot at HMS Peterborough
- In depth analysis of the progress of the Peterborough Social Impact Bond. Useful insight into practical outcomes and challenges of a SIB structure. Published 2014.
Social Impact Bonds, Supporting 14-16 years olds
- A 2014 review of two social impact bonds servicing 14-16 year olds in the UK one year on.