Department for Education Digital Strategy released
As part of our plan to build world-class education in South Australia, our new Digital Strategy 2022 to 2025 outlines the department’s digital approach over the coming years.
The digital strategy outlines:
- how we can use digital technology to enable and empower schools and preschools to deliver world-class education
- how we can help children and students to thrive in a digital world.
The digital strategy focuses on 5 key areas to help enable learning and growth for every child, in every class, in every school and preschool.
We are going to:
- strengthen our digital foundations
- build our capability
- maximise the benefits of digital technologies for teaching and learning
- streamline and modernise our operations
- mobilise ICT support where it is needed.
The strategy is a roadmap to improve our approach to digital across the system and to position our students for the future.
The strategy has been designed for and by school leaders, teachers and educators, students, parents and carers, and our corporate staff.
More than 2000 staff, parents and community members were involved in the consultation process through:
- state-wide survey
- case studies
- interviews and discussions.
From the consultation, key themes emerged which informed the new digital strategy.
These key themes were:
- ensuring we have the right digital foundations
- building strategic, leadership and people capability
- digital adoption, integration and innovation for teaching and learning
- appropriate ICT support in schools
- workplace modernisation for business operations
- data and platforms.