Have your say on the key priorities for bushfire management in South Australia to build a safer, better prepared and more resilient state.
What’s being decided?
We have prepared the draft State Bushfire Management Plan 2021-2025 (the Plan) in response to the Independent Review into South Australia's 2019-20 Bushfire Season.
- helps to create the foundations for government, non-government organisations and the community to work together to manage bushfire risk in South Australia.
- aims to provide guidance to the State Bushfire Coordination Committee (SBCC), Bushfire Management Committee, and other relevant agencies and organisations, regarding bushfire management within South Australia.
- helps guide the implementation of the reforms identified in the Independent Review into South Australia's 2019-20 Bushfire Season.
- aims to improve existing processes to better support those organisations responsible for bushfire management.
The summary of the Plan outlines an overview of the scope, responsibilities, objectives, actions and expected outcomes of the Plan.
All South Australians have a part to play in managing their risk from bushfire.
We want to know how the SBCC can better support businesses and the overall community in managing the bushfire season during the next four years.
Have your say by:
- joining the online discussion
- completing the online survey
- emailing a submission to CFS.SBCC@sa.gov.au
- posting your written submission to:
State Bushfire Coordination Committee
C/-SACFS, PO Box 2468
ADELAIDE SA 5001
How can your input influence the decision?
Your input will help to identify the issues and the strategies to support communities, individuals and agencies working together to manage bushfire risk in South Australia.
What are the next steps?
The SBCC will consider your feedback and where possible, incorporate it in the final State Bushfire Management Plan.
The Plan will be published on this site and the SACFS website. The committee will then commence work on implementing the strategies and actions.
For general inquiries, please email us at CFS.SBCC@sa.gov.au.
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 3 May 2021
Upcoming key dates
Mon, 3 May 2021 at 5:00 PM